Creating Accessible Google Docs Online
Most students use Google Docs to write their papers, it's a powerful tool. When you write your papers it's important to think about accessibility, i.e. is your properly formatted so that everyone, including visually impaired readers using screen readers.
With more students publishing their work and attending online classes, it's even more important now to make your electronic documents accessible.
In this workshop we'll cover some simple things you can do, when creating a new document OR editing an old one, to make it accessible to everyone. We'll cover the following topics:
- Formatting tools in Google Docs
- Using Headings
- Creating Lists
- Using meaningful hyperlinks
- Adding Alt Text to images
- Creating table headings
- Use of color to convey information
What You'll Need
This workshop will based on the current version of Google Docs that all students have access to through the University.
- An internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- Computer speakers or headphones
- Registration is Required
- Space is limited to 50 attendees
- Registration closes 3 days before the webinar begins
Attending the Webinar
You'll receive a confirmation email after registration with all the relevant information, including a link to the event and reminder email 2 days prior to the event.
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.